An overview of Flameshot.
Powerful yet simple to use screenshot software.
- Customizable appearance.
- Easy to use.
- In-app screenshot edition.
- DBus interface.
- Upload to Imgur.
- Experimentally Gnome Wayland and Plasma Wayland support.
- If you are using Gnome you need to install the TopIcons extension in order to see the systemtray icon.
- In order to speed up the first launch of Flameshot (DBus init of the app can be slow), consider starting the application automatically on boot.
- Press Ctrl+c when you are in a capture mode and you don't have an active selection and the whole desktop will be copied to your clipboard! Pressing Ctrl+s will save your capture in a file! Check the Shortcuts for more information.
- Execute the command
flameshotwithout parameters or use the "Launch Flameshot" desktop entry to launch a running instance of the program without taking actions.
- The main code is licensed under GPLv3
- The logo of Flameshot is licensed under Free Art License v1.3
- The button icons are licensed under Apache License 2.0. See: https://github.com/google/material-design-icons
- The code at
capture/capturewidget.cppis based on https://github.com/ckaiser/Lightscreen/blob/master/dialogs/areadialog.cpp (GPLv2)
- The code at
capture/capturewidget.his based on https://github.com/ckaiser/Lightscreen/blob/master/dialogs/areadialog.h (GPLv2)
- Copied a few lines of code from KSnapshot
- Qt-Color-Widgets taken and modified from https://github.com/mbasaglia/Qt-Color-Widgets (see their license and exceptions in the project) (LGPL/GPL)
Info: If I take code from your project and that implies a relicense to GPLv3, you can reuse my changes with the original previous license of your project applied.